Hello everyone! I hope your week went well and you managed to stay warm! You might have seen my earlier Let’s Talk About Skin Care post about basic skin care and products. Well today I’d like to add to that with five easy tips to get your skin headed to a better place without the purchase of any products.
1. Drinking Water. Now I know you probably have heard this a million times, but I cannot stress how much this actually works! If you just dedicate yourself to drinking more water a day, even if it’s just a couple extra glasses, you’ll see a difference in your skin. If you swap out your favorite soft drink for water, not only are you saving money, you swap out that extra sugar and your skin will thank you. You’ll notice a much clearer and brighter complexion.
2. Sleep. Okay, another thing I’m sure isn’t news to you. But I’m honest, sleep does make a huge difference. When I had to stay up studying for finals or whenever I have my insomnia spells, it really takes a toll on my skin. I tend to break out more, my skin will become duller, not to mention the huge bags under my eyes. By getting the proper sleep you need, you’re well on your way to healthier and happier skin!
3. Exercise. I promise I’m not trying to sound like your mother. This one can be hard for us all (I know I’m terrible at keeping up with an exercise schedule), but when you work out not only do you get your blood pumping with endorphins that brighten up your skin, you also sweat out a lot of impurities from your pores (gross sounding, I know). Now I said in the beginning that all these tips will be easy and you won’t have to buy anything and I’m going to deliver on that promise. You don’t need to go out and get a gym membership to make your skin healthier. I found this great free app called 7 minute workout. Yes, it’s a workout that is only 7 minutes long. And it gets you sweating. You don’t need any equipment at all for it either. It has a cycle of different activities that it has you go through like pushups, jumping jacks, etc. It makes people like me who are bad at sticking with a schedule get that quick workout they need. There’s even a notification option where it will remind you to work out.
4. Makeup Free Days. It’s important to allow your skin to breathe every once and awhile. If you notice your skin starting to break out or you get a big spot randomly, this is an easy remedy for it. Remember, you are beautiful just the way you are and you don’t need to wear makeup every day (even if it is fun), so give your skin a little break from time to time. I try to make sure I have a “makeup free day” about once a week or so, or more if I’m experiencing any skin issues. I’d rather go out in public makeup free then have to go out and buy extra concealer for breakouts.
5. Hot/Cold Water. So I know that title didn’t make sense, but I really don’t know how to call this one. I will give that this one does involve products, but it’s like an add on for what you already use. Before washing your face with your cleanser, rinse your face with hot (not scalding) water. This will open up your pores so when you go over with your cleanser, you are more likely to get out more impurities. Afterwards, rinse your face with cold water to close your pores back up. This way when you go to put lotion or makeup on, you aren’t just clogging up your pores again!
I hope these tips were helpful at all. What are some of your favorite quick and easy skin tips?